With a polarized country heading to the unknown next Tuesday, it would be a good idea to study the Ukrainian 2014 revolution and the clash for 4 months with the government that ended the unfavorable elected government and replaced it with a European Union friendly government.
If the government makes decisions that defies people’s will, aspiration, and power, then the people are left with the option of peaceful protest.
There was a price Ukrainians paid, which was the best men Ukraine has to offer sacrificed in this noble cause.
November 2013-February 2014
Lessons for long term protestors:
- Have defense groups for protestors
- Take direct votes from the people
- Establish medical centers
- Secure premise against riot police
- Give a roll to each single protestor and form heirchy and tree of communication.
- Have anti tear gas equipment.
- Use media heavily to capture every corner of the premise
- Position yourself strategically and avoid being exposed to high points not under your control.
- Use fire to block riot police attacks
- Have a fire extinguisher in every tent.
- Have a list of demands.
- Have negotiators but not leaders who represent you. The final decision is the crowd’s by voting.