It has been 4 months using the W Planner, and it is a good time for an overall reflection and analysis of managing myself for 2017.
Since February 1, 2017, when I started the W Planner electronically, I have had 1764 tasks. I accomplished 1051 tasks, that is 60% of all the tasks assigned.
Some of the accomplishments of this year so far outside of full time work:
- Successful and comfortable Diet plan losing about 15 pounds and feeling healthier.
- Finished a course in Coursera in Music Theory
- Studied one full piece of piano, and half of another.
- Established the Advisory Board in one of the Non-profit organizations and recruited a number of volunteers for it. Also started two regular recurring meetups for it.
- Established Meetups in about 40 cities for another Non-profit organization and membership skyrocketed.
- Started Facebook Live Series and recorded the first two episodes live.
- Launching WDD with a full time Chief Designer.
- Successful Family Vacation in Florida
- Establishment of a Arches business group
- Established new relationships through attending a leadership meeting for a specific Michigan coalition.
- Found a co-organizer for Muslimish-Detroit
- Secured the ANEX of the Arab American History Museum for the Arabic Poetry Meetup.
- Completed 7 days consecutively of meditation.
- Established Dearborn Blog and Detroit Blog.
- Met with the renowned traveler and hiker Assam Saidi
- Established Charaf Group LLC
- Established Caulousheh
- Launched Yousician training for Reem and Bob
- Agreement on the structure of dearbornblog.com
- Learned the 12 bar blues on the key of A on guitar
- Finished reading and studying Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Created Muslimish Conference promo video and 2017 conference site
- Established Dearborn Arabic Poetry Open Mic (DAPOM)
- Leased the HOUSE to be HQ for all companies
- Managed to reach a success rate of 72% at one time which was the record high so far
- Prepared for a lecture to be given in several conferences
- Visited and Discovered London and reconnected with Walid Marmar
- Gained Arab American News as a client for WDD
- Established relationship with Sheik Ahmad Alkatib and Walid to establish IRSHAD office in London.
- Trained Walid to represent WDD in England
- Launched Arabic Poetry Night first meeting
- Increased quality time with family
- Won DENMARK in PS4 FIFA 2016 World Class level
- Started Atkins initiation diet successfully
- 14% fluent in French through Duolingo
- Contracted advanced developers for advanced projects in WDD
- Discovered a website that will allow us to create courses online
- Took a Marketing Course successfully
- Hanan Yahya joins powers with me to work on WDD, W Institute, and W Network.
- Two certificates in learning guitar
- Created the first video for W network and decided on direction of electronic marketing for it
- Launched London Trip Travel Memoir and blogged half of it so far.
- Launched my personal memoir and blogged up to 1984.
- Initiated the IRSHAD Conference Planning Committee
|2017.3.3.a: Wake up at 6AM. Meditate to 6:15. Deep Work 6:15 to 8am.|
|2017.3.3.b: In order for me to read and sleep, I have to be in bed by 10:30, otherwise a nap of 1 hour is needed in the afternoon.|
|2017.3.3.c: Check mail only once a week and scan only once a month|
|2017.2.24.a: Facebook is deleted as a phone application|
|2017.2.24.b: Ceaze sharing of movie going on last Tuesdays of the month and enjoy going alone|
|2017.2.23: Stop giving appointments to individuals who always perceive you as late|
|2017.3.7.a: Change resolution 2017.2.24.a from deleting Facebook App to delete or hide Facebook App (to accommodate work tasks when needed)|
|2017.3.8.a: Prohibit phone from bedroom after 10PM and move the charging station for it outside of the bedroom.|
|2017.3.12.a: Use Pomodoro technique for daily tasks. Each pomodoro section counts for two days on the planner.|
|2017.3.13.a: Use daily timed blocks technique on the W planner sheet or on a separate sheet or notebook.|
|2017.3.17.a: Implement Resolution #2017.3.3.a [wake up at 6. Meditate to 6:15. Deep Work 6:15 to 8am. ] gradually by decreasing 15 minutes weekly of wake up time starting at 7:45AM|
|2017.3.20.a: Add Arabesque Cafe to Arches Time.|
|2017.3.20.b: Move Autoboard to LEKA/Geobuzz Time and Dedicate its time to cleaning and personal errands.|
|2017.3.28.a: Consider Arabic Poetry Open Mic part a Dearborn blog project.|
|2017.4.9.a: Incorporating Leisure and Social Time into calendar as one new category under Business.|
|2017.4.9.b: Make Europe trip every Spring a habit for Spring Break.|
|2017.4.17.a: Read two Get Abstracts a week and one book a month instead of one book every two weeks.|
|2017.4.17.b: Combine Charaf Group with Arches and Arabesque Cafe|
|4.17.17.c: Dedicate time for Leisure on daily basis.|
|2017.4.24.a: Organize goals as to measure closeness to achieving the annual goal|
|2017.4.29.a: Cook or try one new meal a week|
|2017.4.30.a: Cease sharing pictures with friends via text.
2017.4.30.c: Change resolution 2017.3.3.c from “Check Mail once a week and scan once a month” to “Check Mail and scan only once a week” since I have made scanning easier with Cloud Scan
|Sleep 8 hours/day||48.59%|
|Arches/W Institute/ Charaf||56.35%|
|Front End Dev.||40.08%|
FAMILY, FRIENDS, PLAY, and COMMUNITY
Failures and Challenges
I am not afraid of the word failure, so I like to use it in a failing forward kind of way.
Below 70% that needs a new plan:
- Family Time:
- Dearborn Blog:
- Front End Dev.:
- W Institute
- Charaf Group
- Arches Group
- W Network:
Below 88% that needed improvement:
- Online Courses